Who are we?
Marketing Radar is a UK-based company who provide marketing automation and data management services to the travel industry. Radar is both a data controller and for its marketing clients a data processor.
Data Protection Legislation
The UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) which came into force on January 1, 2021, together with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) last updated 2019, and the separate Data Protection Act 2018, seek to protect and enhance the rights of UK and all other data subjects worldwide. These rights cover the safeguarding of Personal Data, protection against the unlawful processing of Personal Data and the movement of Personal Data into and out of the UK.
We collect information from visitors to this website every time you email us your details.
What we may be collecting from you:
- Search terms you have used either to find our website or on our website, a record of all browsing behaviour including links clicked. This is done via a cookie which is set on your first arrival to our website and the contents of any form you submit to us.
- Information that will help us contact you in the future, such as: name, company name, postal address, phone number and email address.
- All personal information disclosed by you to us.
- Information on engagement with emails and SMS messages you receive from us.
- The IP address your router freely transmits to our webservers.
- Your browser user agent as freely transmitted by your computer. This includes your browser build information, your device type and your computer’s operating system.
- Some Personal Data may also be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls.
- Radar will only collect the information needed so that we can provide you with information about our services. We do not sell or broker your data, although coincidentally there may be times when your information could be contained in data that Radar has received from a third-party list broker.
- Some of the collected items may contain Personal Data.
- Social media information either in the public domain or that you share with us.
- Information about browsing habits on our clients’ domains
- Personal sensitive information relating to your private life such as gender.
Legal basis for processing Personal Data
To meet our contractual obligations to our clients and legitimate interests to respond to enquiries concerning the automated marketing services provided.
Legitimate interests pursued by Radar include promoting our automated marketing services. These communications may include social media, email, newsletters, telephone calls, phone calls, text messages and any other channels to reach those who may be interested in using the different marketing services provided by Radar. In making contact via the Radar website, you agree to us contacting you to follow-up on your enquiry and to us maintaining a dialogue with you.
Radar will use information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you information which the business believes may be of interest to you. In making initial contact, you consent to Radar maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services.
Contact information collected from you because of requests for product demonstrations will be used to promote our legitimate interests.
Should you wish to stop receiving emails from Radar, you can
- Use the unsubscribe link, which will be present within the footer of every email and SMS we send to you. Your subscription preferences will be immediately updated.
- Write to Radar, specifically requesting your removal (addressed to: Data Controller, Radar, Primrose House, Crawley End, Chrishall, Royston, SG8 8QJ), your request will be actioned within 28 days of its receipt. You must include your name and email address for us to ensure removal.
Please note that we will never use the information you have provided us with for marketing purposes without further consent. We will not pass your details to any third parties for marketing purposes.
Disclosing Personal Data
Radar does not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with the business without your consent. However, Radar may disclose Personal Data to meet legal obligations, regulations, or valid governmental requests. The agency may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions, to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Radar, its clients and/or the wider community.
Data Subjects’ Rights
At any point whilst Radar is in possession of or processing Personal Data, all Data Subjects have the following rights:
- Right to information about what data is being processed and the rationale for such processing.
- Right of access to request a copy of the information that we hold.
- Right of rectification to correct data that we hold that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling.
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Radar) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Radar or a third party such as one of its customers, information about those interests.
- The categories of Personal Data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the Personal Data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of Personal Data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information regarding automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what Personal Data is held, identification will be required.
Radar will accept the following forms of ID when information on Personal Data is requested: a copy of your driving licence or passport and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required.
All requests should be made to Info@marketingradar.com , or by phoning 01223 803401
For more information on UK GDPR and your rights please see:
External third-party links
Please ensure you have verified the privacy policies on any hyperlinked external websites before submitting any personal information.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. This means for instance that data you pass to us may be processed outside the European Economic Area, although the data will always be held securely and in line with the requirements of UK data protection legislation. By communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
How to contact us
If you have questions concerning the processing of your Personal Data you should contact Marketing Radar Ltd, Primrose House, Crawley End, Chrishall, Royston, SG8 8QJ, mail: Info@marketingradar.com or telephone 01223 803401.
In the event that you have not received a response within 30 days you have the right to contact The ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF, Email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email or telephone: +44 (0) 303 123 1113.
Radar’s ICO registration number: Z9092627
Review of this Policy