Benefits of a fully-integrated Single Customer View and Marketing Automation
Single Customer View (SCV) is a hot topic in marketing circles, and that’s really no surprise to us. In the past decade the amount of data recording an individual’s purchase history and product preferences has multiplied to a staggering degree. But what’s also grown is the ability to process and analyse huge tracts of data in a very short space of time.
Ideal for the travel sector
In the travel sector, nothing underlines the importance of getting to grips with your data better that the typical return on investment from retention – it’s generally quoted as being five times higher than that from acquisition. That’s where Radar can help. Drawing all the relevant, available data together for each individual customer can paint a very revealing picture. Sorting the wheat from the chaff, a SCV gives immediate insight and enables you to make the most of your data, especially as it highlights the appropriate occasions to contact each customer. Not only that, but you will be ideally placed to cultivate prospects with personalised, relevant content that helps convert prospects to customers and turn customers into happy customers.
Additional savings can be derived from communicating with those customers and prospects most likely to respond. Our experience shows that the Pareto principle (80:20 rule) applies in the travel sector, and conservatively, by improved targeting, it’s likely you can deliver the same response rates from contacting 20% less of your base.
Efficient and cost effective
With this sort of knowledge to hand, one can then implement Marketing Automation (MA) based around the Holiday Lifecycle to trigger highly-personalised, postal, email and SMS campaigns.
One of the beauties of MA, is that it puts control very much in the hands of the in-house marketing team - allowing them to manage a sophisticated programme, planning well in advance and at short notice, without the need for in-depth technical knowledge or a high degree of numeracy.
The Benefits of Marketing Automation
- Allows full and effective use of your database, selecting when and who you want to contact
- Delivers increased efficiency in the timings of campaigns, cutting down lead times
- Enables a swift response to market trends and competitor offers
- Keeps full control of your marketing campaigns in-house
- Removes dependency on suppliers’ production schedules and capacity
- Eliminates the need to rely on or pay third parties
- Minimises need for in-house IT for installation or support as it’s a browser-based system
- Keeps costs down; simple interface means no need to employ data analysts or database managers